Back to General Consulting
HOW IS HELP SUPPLIED?
In whatever manner meets the need. This is very much an individualized service. Sometimes what is needed is merely advice or information which can be provided by telephone, e-mail, letter, or fax. Other times a visit to your library will be necessary.
HOW ELSE CAN THE CONSULTANT BE USED?
She can speak at civic events or to groups in your community about library related issues. She is also able to give in-service training or on-site workshops relating to specific needs.
WHAT KINDS OF THINGS WILL THE CONSULTANT HELP WITH?
Any area requested by member libraries. Past consultations have dealt with:
- Interpreting Kansas Library laws
- Working with library boards
- Developing needs assessment
- Writing grants
- Collection development
- Encouraging customer service
- Providing technical assistance
- Building maintenance, appearance, arrangement, etc.
- Using the Internet
- Creating strategic plans
- Working with local government
- Preparing budgets
- Working with volunteers
- Programming (adult/YA)
- Library automation